The search for earth stops here.
It’s an image that we all hold in our minds: that perfect plot of land for you to build your new dream home on.
For many of us, that image has its roots right here in St. Pete. And why not? We’ve got it all: sunshine, beaches, beautiful neighborhoods, a great downtown, awesome restaurants, and an endless amount of leisure activities at our disposal.
All too often, though, a fellow Sunshine City resident has already beat you to your ideal lot. There simply just aren’t many vacant spots left in desirable St. Pete areas due to the increasing population – and red hot real estate market – of the past decade.
But not so fast – we’ve scoured local listings to find that there actually ARE some great ones left on the market. Building your palace within a St. Pete zip code might still be possible, after all.
The plots of land you’ll find below aren’t necessarily the most expensive around, but do represent the most appealing combination of value, location, and constructability. At least, from the opinion of this humble home builder.
Here are St. Pete’s top vacant lots for sale, ordered from most to least expensive.
1721 Brightwaters Blvd. NE, 33704
- List price: $3,195,000
- Neighborhood: Snell Isle
- Listing agent: RE/MAX Metro St. Pete
- Overview: Situated waterfront on one of St. Pete’s most prestigious streets in St. Pete. You’ll pay a pretty penny for this one, but will be rewarded with over 18,000 sq. ft. of space and beautiful views of Tampa Bay & downtown St. Pete.
990 Bayview Pl. NE, 33704
- List price: $1,850,000
- Neighborhood: Snell Isle
- Listing agent: Dania Perry, Century 21 Jim White & Assoc.
- Overview: This 0.62 acre plot includes over 1,000 feet of open water views. You’ll be neatly tucked away on the corner of a strip of land that overlooks the water and Vinoy Golf Course, and a cluster of mangroves for a little added privacy.
58th Ave. S, 33715
- List price: $1,249,900
- Neighborhood: Bayway Isles
- Listing agent: Kevin Vetter, RE/MAX Metro
- Overview: Located in a deed-restricted subdivision of this exclusive neighborhood on the southern end of Pinellas. One of just two waterfront lots left in Bayway Isles – and just had its price slashed by $250,000, making it a great value buy.
3200 Bayou Placido Blvd. NE, 33703
- List price: $1,190,000
- Neighborhood: Shore Acres
- Listing agent: By owner
- Overview: A 12,000+ sq. ft. lot on a private cul-de-sac located right near the bridge connecting Shore Acres to Snell Isle. You’ll enjoy views of the water on 3 sides, along with nearly 300 feet of new seawall. Make sure to bring your fishing poles.
3901 14th Ln. NE, 33703
- List price: $950,800
- Neighborhood: Patrician Point
- Listing agent: Ilona Davidovich, Top Realty Group of Florida
- Overview: Build the home of your dreams on this end-of-street lot that overlooks Smacks Bayou, complete with a brand new elevated seawall with stainless steel tie backs. Plus, enjoy the added convenience of preexisting natural gas piping.
2420 Driftwood Rd. SE, 33705
- List price: $950,000
- Neighborhood: Driftwood
- Listing agent: Tiffany Weidner, Smith & Associates Real Estate
- Overview: You’ll be surrounded by centuries-old oak trees in the enchanted Driftwood neighborhood on the south end of town. This location couples wide-spanning waterfront views with easy access to downtown St. Pete and the Skyway Bridge.
1037 79th St. S, 33707
- List price: $799,000
- Neighborhood: Yacht Club Estates
- Listing agent: Bruce and Tara Harris, Samuels Realty & Investments
- Overview: Not many lots ever come available in this neighborhood, especially waterfront values like this one. It’s a boater’s dream as you’ll be situated right on the Intercoastal Waterway and just 5 minutes from the Gulf of Mexico.
825 16th Ave. NE, 33704
- List price: $775,000
- Neighborhood: Old Northeast
- Listing agent: Keith Gordon, Addvantage Real Estate Service
- Overview: No St. Pete neighborhood can quite match the historic charm of Old Northeast – and this lot will have you situated just steps from Flora Wylie Park and Tampa Bay. Its 63×110′ size is perfect for the large bungalows that line many of the neighborhood’s streets, among other styles.
930 42nd Ave. N, 33703
- List price: $424,900
- Neighborhood: Allendale
- Listing agent: Ryan Hartney, Hartney Realty & Development
- Overview: Grab yourself a piece of the secluded tradition that is St. Pete’s Allendale neighborhood with this lot.. At 9,043 sq. ft., it’s great value in a centrally-located area that’s lined with estate homes.
1927 Serpentine Cir. S, 33712
- List price: $245,000
- Neighborhood: Pink Streets
- Listing agent: By owner
- Overview: Located in a highly unique area of south St. Pete, this property is just steps from the waterfront of Pinellas Point Park. Not many lots at all are left in the Pink Streets – and at this price, this one’s sure to go pretty quickly.
Take the first step in building the custom new home of your dreams.
If you don’t feel like waiting for homes to go up for sale in your perfect St. Pete location – or, aren’t too keen on spending extra to purchase the existing structure – then these available lots could be just what you’re looking for.
See something you like? We urge you to start inquiring now! During these crazy times we’re living in there’s a bunch of uncertainty surrounding the real estate market – so you never know how quickly they’ll go.
And if none of these plots of land make sense for you, just contact the real estate agents we’ve listed. They should be able to provide listings that are more your flavor. (You can always start your search on Zillow for a frame of reference – just keep in mind that it’s a little limited in what you’ll find).
Best of luck, and let us know your thoughts on our list in the comments!